A Trip Permit is a temporary authority document issued to allow an appropriate vehicle, without an IRP apportioned registration, to travel in a jurisdiction without obtaining an IRP plate.
A carrier should secure a trip permit prior to entering a jurisdiction for which they are not apportioned. Trip permits for travel in Louisiana are valid for 48 hours and can be obtained through a wire service company listed below.
Wire service companies
- Across America (877) 255-3301
- Axle permits (855) 771-2953
- Coast to Coast Trucking Services LLC (877) 963-0830
- Comdata (800) 749-9143
- Custom Permit Services (800) 669-5014
- EFS/T-Check Permit Services (888) 824-7378
- Fleet One, LLC (877) 251-7639
- Highway Permit Services (888) 731-0312
- Jet Permit LTD (800) 788-0603
- JJ Keller & Associates (800) 231-5266
- KST Permitting Solutions LLC (307) 462-1815