If you have received a notice of violation ticket, you will need to provide one of the following proofs of compliance by fax or by mail.
- Proof of Insurance with a company authorized to write in Louisiana
- Surrender the License Plate
- Proof the Vehicle was Disposed date by submitting one of the following:
- Bill of Sale/Trade-in Documents/Lease Return
- Total Loss Statement from the Insurance Company
- Proof of Repossession from the Lien Holder
- Junked or Salvage Receipt
- Out-of-State Registration
If the vehicle is not insured at the time of the violation, then you will also owe a fee. Fees are based on the number of offenses per vehicle. Fees may be paid over the phone with a debit or credit card or by mail with a money order, certified funds, or cashier’s check.
- 1ST Offense: $110
- 2ND Offense: $260
- 3RD + Offense: $510
- Insured at the time of the violation but did not submit compliance until after 3 business days from date of the violation: $10
Some local offices may have an additional parish fee per transaction.