Public Tag Agents (PTAs) may be a municipal or parish governing authorities, new motor vehicle dealers, or auto title companies that are authorized by the state of Louisiana to:
- collect registration fees
- issue vehicle registrations and license plates for vehicles
- process applications filed for certificates of title, including duplicate and corrected titles
- handle conversions, transfers, and replacement of license plates and registration renewals
- issue driver’s license renewals, including Real IDs
Not every public tag agent performs every service. A list of agents and the services they perform can be found on the Locations page.
Convenience fees may be assessed for transactions performed by PTAs.